Indiana’s Advanced Dental Assisting with Expanded Functions & Radiology
E.F.D.A. is a term used for assistants who have acquired a higher level of mastered skills
Expanded Functions Dental Assisting operates under the dentist direction in the dental office
The class meeting times are flexible depending on the availability of the group
8 classes must be attended to graduate from the E.F.D.A. program
"*" indicates required fields
Expanded Functions Dental Assisting Program
The title E.F.D.A. is a term used for assistants who have acquired a higher level of mastered skills. Expanded Functions Dental Assisting operates under the dentist direction in the dental office. This all- inclusive intense hands-on course is designed to perfect core dental assisting skills, basic expanded functions techniques and radiology. No experience is required to attend this course, we will teach you all you need to know. All ages men and women are encouraged to attend this program.
Change, alter or start a brand new career! Dentists are demanding a higher standard of entry level dental assistants and we are meeting their needs by delivering highly skilled cross-trained dental assistants into the field but more importantly into the job market. You will enter the dental profession with the skills and confidence needed to succeed. Denise McDonald teaches this course and is a veteran in E.F.D.A since 1980. To provide the best hands-on training available this class has a maximum capacity of 10 students.
Upcoming Class Dates
Classes begin in April
SPACE IS LIMITED!
Classes begin Mid-August
SPACE IS LIMITED!
Classes begin in December
SPACE IS LIMITED!
What To Expect
Job Responsibilities Of A Dental Assistant?
- Assisting the dentist with patient relations and performing many different dental treatments and procedures.
- You will be taking X-Rays and developing them.
- Obtaining patients medical history, blood pressure and pulse.
- Sterilizing and organizing all dental equipment and instruments.
- Dealing with the dentist, patient relationships and making patients feel comfortable before, during and after their visits.
- Educating adults and children about proper oral hygiene including how to properly brush and floss their teeth, as well as the role diet plays in oral health.
- Taking impressions of patients’ teeth for casts.
- Office organization, patient files and other management tasks.
- Answering phones, making patient appointments, patient billing, talking with vendors and ordering supplies.
- And much more!
What Does The Job Market Look Like In Next 10 Years?
Dental Assistants are one of the fastest growing occupations in the field, with an expected 18% increase in the number of jobs available by 2024.
OUR DENTAL ASSISTANT TRAINING PROGRAM WILL GIVE YOU:
- Dental assisting certificate
- Provisional radiology license
- CPR certification
- Eligibility to sit for RHS/DANB exam
- Software training
Dental Office Training can teach you how to use the latest technology in a career field that continues to grow. DOT2South is approved by both the Florida Dental Board and licensed through the Florida Department of Education.
What's It's Like To Work As A Dental Assistant?
Being a dental assistant is an exciting career because you get to deal with many different people every day and you’ll also have a wide variety of daily tasks to keep you busy. That means you will enjoy going to work and the days will fly by because you will have the opportunity to help others while doing what you love.
Typical Hours For A Dental Assistant?
Most dental assistants work full time. However, in 2014 about 1 in 3 dental assistants worked part-time. The average hours worked for full-time dental assistants is approximately 36-37 hours per week and part-time dental assistants worked an average of 24-26 hours per week. Additionally, there are some dental practices that are open during the evenings and weekends as well.
Life Outside The Office?
Since being a dental assistant doesn’t usually require you to work long hours, you will have more time to spend with family and friends. Therefore, becoming a dental assistant could mean you have a better quality of life than you would had you chosen differently.
I cannot say enough about my experience at DOT by Lynn! It was by far the best schooling I have received. I absolutely loved my instructors and how they made it exciting and worth my time.
Start Your New Career In Less Than 4 Months!