Expanded Functions Dental Assisting Program
The title E.F.D.A. is a term used for dental assistants who have acquired a higher level of mastered skills. Expanded Functions Dental Assistants operates under the dentist direction in the dental office. Dental Office Training 2 South offers an all-inclusive intense hands-on course that is designed to perfect core dental assisting skills and basic expanded functions techniques. Nadine Jordan teaches this course and is a 25-year veteran in E.F.D.A.
Benefits of adding Restorative E.F.D.A. skills allows for enhancing career opportunities and the ability to work more independently within the Dental office.
About DOT2S Restorative EFDA Program
- Affordable tuition and flexible payment plans
- Unique, advanced training not widely available in the area
- Personalized, hands-on learning experience
- Small class sizes and convenient schedule
- Great referral network for help with career placement
What To Expect
Job Responsibilities Of A Dental Assistant?
- Assisting the dentist with patient relations and performing many different dental treatments and procedures.
- You will be taking X-Rays and developing them.
- Obtaining patients medical history, blood pressure and pulse.
- Sterilizing and organizing all dental equipment and instruments.
- Dealing with the dentist, patient relationships and making patients feel comfortable before, during and after their visits.
- Educating adults and children about proper oral hygiene including how to properly brush and floss their teeth, as well as the role diet plays in oral health.
- Taking impressions of patients’ teeth for casts.
- Office organization, patient files and other management tasks.
- Answering phones, making patient appointments, patient billing, talking with vendors and ordering supplies.
- And much more!
What Does The Job Market Look Like In Next 10 Years?
Dental Assistants are one of the fastest growing occupations in the field, with an expected 18% increase in the number of jobs available by 2024.
OUR DENTAL ASSISTANT TRAINING PROGRAM WILL GIVE YOU:
- Dental assisting certificate
- Provisional radiology license
- CPR certification
- Eligibility to sit for RHS/DANB exam
- Software training
Dental Office Training can teach you how to use the latest technology in a career field that continues to grow. DOT2South is approved by both the Florida Dental Board and licensed through the Florida Department of Education.
What's It's Like To Work As A Dental Assistant?
Being a dental assistant is an exciting career because you get to deal with many different people every day and you’ll also have a wide variety of daily tasks to keep you busy. That means you will enjoy going to work and the days will fly by because you will have the opportunity to help others while doing what you love.
Typical Hours For A Dental Assistant?
Most dental assistants work full time. However, in 2014 about 1 in 3 dental assistants worked part-time. The average hours worked for full-time dental assistants is approximately 36-37 hours per week and part-time dental assistants worked an average of 24-26 hours per week. Additionally, there are some dental practices that are open during the evenings and weekends as well.
Life Outside The Office?
Since being a dental assistant doesn’t usually require you to work long hours, you will have more time to spend with family and friends. Therefore, becoming a dental assistant could mean you have a better quality of life than you would had you chosen differently.
FLORIDA LAW NOW PERMITS EXPANDED FUNCTION DENTAL ASSISTANTS TO PLACE, CONTOUR AND FINISH RESTORATIONS!!
Florida In June 2019, a dentist may delegate to a dental assistant, who has met the mandatory training requirements of this rule, (64B5-16.0051) the task of placing, packing and contouring amalgam and composite restorations.
Mandatory training course prerequisites:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a high school graduate or hold a High School Equivalency Certificate
- Hold current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certificate
- Graduate from a Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA)-accredited dental assisting program or a Florida Board-approved expanded functions program
- 2400 hours documented work experience
Upcoming Class Dates
NOW ENROLLING APPLICANTS FOR FALL
SPACE IS LIMITED!
FIND OUT MORE TODAY
Meet Your Instructor Nadine Jordan
Clinical Director at DOT2 South
My name is Nadine Jordan, I am Dental Office Training 2 South Clinical Director and will be instructing our dental assistant programs here in Ft Myers, Florida. I have been in dentistry for over 25 years as an Expanded Functions Dental Assistant. Over the years, I have developed a strong professional history within the dental field utilizing patient management, time management, clinical and front office skills, HR processes and marketing. Recently I have expanded my leadership skills with coaching development in patient partnerships, peer to peer coaching and performance management. My goal is to help our students create a positive team culture that will continue to grow in their future dental careers. Along with keeping a healthy lifestyle, I enjoy mini adventures throughout this region, nightlife, beaches, meeting new friends and having family and friends visit.
Dot North Alumni, Logan
"I cannot say enough about my experience at DOT by Lynn! It was by far the best schooling I have received. I absolutely loved my instructors and how they made it exciting and worth my time."
Start Your New Career In Less Than 4 Months!