Dental Assistants in Demand
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there should be more than 74,000 new openings for dental assistants up to the year 2022. That amounts to nearly 24.5 percent employment growth, which is much faster than the average for all professions.
Reasons For The Increased Openings:
Current generations take better care of their teeth, which means they more regularly visit a dental office.
Expanded health insurance coverage has led to more patients.
Growth in group dental practices
Why You Should Consider This Profession:
1. People-If you like interacting with people in a professional setting, becoming a dental assistant will give you plenty of opportunity to see patients from all walks of life.
2. Importance-While your interpersonal skills may calm someone’s fears, you’ll also need fine technical skills to perform such tasks as taking oral impressions and radiographs, combating infection through proper equipment sterilization, and assisting with the smooth management of the front office.
3. Flexibility-One of the perks of becoming a Dental Assistant is the flexible schedule you could create for yourself. Depending on your dentist office, you might work part-time or even divide your time between two dental practices.
4. Job Security-As mentioned above, this profession is seeing above average job growth.
5. Benefits-It’s no surprise that if you work in a dental office, you may get dental benefits. However, many Dental Assistants also receive medical insurance and paid sick leave.
If you would like more information on becoming a dental assistant or would like to set up a time to see our facility, please fill out the form below and we'll be in touch!